Friday 25 December 1925, Christmas
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 25, 1925). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carlos Castaneda and Jürgen Roland.
His Wooden Wedding, directed by Leo McCarey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 December 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1925!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1925 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Carlos Castaneda: Peruvian-American anthropologist and author (d. 1998).
- Jürgen Roland
- Ossi Reichert: German FR, giant slalom (1956 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Carlos Castañeda: Peruvian-American anthropologist and mystic, the author of "The Teachings of Don Juan," 1968, "The Separate Reality," 1971, "Tales of Power," 1974 and "Trilogy," 1974.
- Ned Garver: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with a 4-28-48 record.
- Sam Pollock: Canadian businessman (d. 2007).
- IG Farben formed by merger of six chemical companies in Germany.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1925 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Brown Eyes, Why are You Blue? - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
- Alone at Last - Henry Burr
- Vernon Dalhart - The Death of Floyd Collins
- I'm Knee Deep in Daisies (And Head Over Heels in Love) - George Olsen & His Orchestra