Friday 13 December 1985
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 13, 1985). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Laurence Leboeuf and Peter Eastgate.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Broken Wings by Mr. Mister.
In UK Saving All My Love For You by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
Revolution, directed by Hugh Hudson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while A Light In The Attic by Shel Silverstein was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Oliver Maass.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lode Runner's Rescue or My Hero/Seishun Scandal.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 December 1985
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1985!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1985 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Laurence Leboeuf: Canadian actress.
- Peter Eastgate
- Alice Goodwin
- Frida Hansdotter
- Michael Bumpus: American football player.
- Alby Mathewson: New Zealand rugby player.
- Test debut of Merv Hughes, Geoff Marsh and Bruce Reid (vs. India)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Caravan of Love - Isley, Jasper, Isley
- New Edition - Count Me Out
- Eugene Wilde - Don't Say No Tonight
- Sheila E. - A Love Bizarre
- Lionel Richie - Say You, Say Me
- Bernard Wright - Who Do You Love
- Kool & The Gang - Emergency
- Aretha Franklin - Who's Zoomin' Who
- The Jets - Curiosity
- Whitney Houston - Thinking About You
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?