Friday 13 December 1985
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Laurence Leboeuf and Peter Eastgate.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Broken Wings by Mr. Mister.
In UK Saving All My Love For You by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
Enemy Mine, directed by Wolfgang Petersen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Goddess by Anthony Summers was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Floyd on Fish.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Peter Pack Rat or Buggy Boy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1985!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 13 December 1985 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Laurence Leboeuf: Canadian actress.
- Peter Eastgate
- Alice Goodwin
- Frida Hansdotter
- Michael Bumpus: American football player.
- Alby Mathewson: New Zealand rugby player.
- Test debut of Merv Hughes, Geoff Marsh and Bruce Reid (vs. India)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?