Sunday 8 December 1985
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 8, 1985). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dwight Howard and Josh Donaldson.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Broken Wings by Mr. Mister.
In UK Saving All My Love For You by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
The Color Purple, directed by Steven Spielberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Only One Woof by James Herriot was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Cutting Room.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Paradroid or Rags to Riches.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 December 1985
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1985!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1985 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Dwight Howard: American basketball player.
- Dean Ambrose: Athlete.
- Josh Donaldson: Baseball Player.
- Meagan Duhamel: Canadian figure skater.
- Oleksiy Pecherov: Ukrainian basketball player.
- Laurie Rinker / Larry Rinker wins LPGA J C Penney Golf Classic
- 60th Australian Women's Tennis: M Navratilova beats C Evert (6-2, 4-6, 6-2).
- South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) established.
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 8 December 1985
- Atlanta Falcons - Kansas City Chiefs : 10 - 38
- Cleveland Browns - Seattle Seahawks : 13 - 31
- Dallas Cowboys - Cincinnati Bengals : 24 - 50
- Detroit Lions - New England Patriots : 6 - 23
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Caravan of Love - Isley, Jasper, Isley
- Sheila E. - A Love Bizarre
- Aretha Franklin - Who's Zoomin' Who
- New Edition - Count Me Out
- Eugene Wilde - Don't Say No Tonight
- Lionel Richie - Say You, Say Me
- Bernard Wright - Who Do You Love
- The System - This Is For You
- Stevie Wonder - Part-Time Lover
- Tramaine - Fall Down (Spirit Of Love)
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?