What Happened on December 12, 1985US date format: 12/12/1985, UK date format: 12/12/1985
This day in 30 sec.
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 12, 1985). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sabine Devieilhe and Karla Souza.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Broken Wings by Mr. Mister.
In UK Saving All My Love For You by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
Revolution, directed by Hugh Hudson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while A Light In The Attic by Shel Silverstein was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Oliver Maass.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Commando or Arnhen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 December 1985
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 December 1985!
Which were the important events of 12 December 1985 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mas�'il (Questions) - First day of the 15th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Also see December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kenya - Jamhuri Day: Independence Day (from Britain, 1963)
- Karla Souza: Actress.
- Sabine Devieilhe: French soprano.
- Andrew Ladd: Hockey Player.
- Pat Calathes: Greek-American basketball player.
- Chris Jennings: American football player.
- Shihori Kanjiya: Japanese actress.
- Erika Van Pelt: American singer.
- David Veikune: American football player.
- Giannis Zaradoukas: Greek footballer.
- 248 US soldiers and 8 crew members die in Arrow Air charter crash
- DC-8 crashes near Gander, Newfoundland; 258 die
- NASA launches space vehicle S-207.
- Arrow Air Flight 1285, a Douglas DC-8, crashes after takeoff in Gander, Newfoundland, Canada, killing 256, 248 of whom were U.S. servicemen returning to Fort Campbell, Kentucky from overseeing a peacekeeping force in Sinai.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Caravan of Love - Isley, Jasper, Isley
- New Edition - Count Me Out
- Eugene Wilde - Don't Say No Tonight
- Sheila E. - A Love Bizarre
- Lionel Richie - Say You, Say Me
- Bernard Wright - Who Do You Love
- Kool & The Gang - Emergency
- Aretha Franklin - Who's Zoomin' Who
- The Jets - Curiosity
- Whitney Houston - Thinking About You
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?