Sunday 29 December 1985
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alexa Ray Joel and Cho Cho Cheng.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Say You, Say Me by Lionel Richie.
In UK Saving All My Love For You by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
Enemy Mine, directed by Wolfgang Petersen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while World'S Fair by E. L. Doctorow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mrs. Cabobble's Caboose.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Autoduel or Gradius.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1985!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 29 December 1985 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Alexa Ray Joel: Daughter of Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley.
- Cho Cho Cheng: Chinese American fashion designer.
- Alexa Joel: American noted family and a musician, the daughter of cover girl Christie Brinkley and singer Billy Joel.
- Wang Ji-hye: South Korean actress.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lionel Richie - Say You, Say Me
- Eddie Murphy - Party All The Time
- Simple Minds - Alive & Kicking
- Dionne & Friends - That's What Friends Are For
- Klymaxx - I Miss You
- John Cougar Mellencamp - Small Town
- Mr. Mister - Broken Wings
- Phil Collins - Separate Lives
- The Cars - Tonight She Comes
- Arcadia - Election Day
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 29 December 1985
- San Francisco 49ers - New York Giants : 3 - 17
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?