Friday 11 December 2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 11, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hank Baskett .
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Empire State Of Mind by Jay-Z.
3 Idiots, directed by Rajkumar Hirani, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Going Rogue: An American Life by Sarah Palin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Albert Schweitzer.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 3-2-1, Rattle Battle! or Babel Rising.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 December 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 2009!
Which were the important events of 11 December 2009 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Hank Baskett: American child of noted parents, his father Hank Baskett is a professional football player, a wide receiver for the Indianapolis Colts at the time of his son's birth.
- Tiger Woods announced an indefinite leave from professional golf to focus on his marriage.
- Papua New Guinea's chief Ombudsman Chronox Manek is wounded in an apparent assassination attempt. (ABC Radio)
- Judges in the Constitutional Court of Turkey vote unanimously to ban the country's Democratic Society Party because of its alleged links to Kurdish terrorists. (''The Guardian'')
- Vasily Khristoforov, the head archivist for Russia's Federal Security Service confirms for the first time that the Soviet Union's KGB cremated Adolf Hitler's body in 1970 and scattered his ashes in the Biederitz River. (CNN)
- Oil company Royal Dutch Shell wins the right to develop Iraq's Majnoon oil field in a joint venture with Petronas after the first such auction since the 2003 invasion. The field is expected to generate $900 million a year. (''Forbes'')
- Pope Benedict XVI releases a statement stating that he shares the ampquotoutrage, betrayal and shameampquot felt by the Irish people over the findings of the Murphy Report into sexual abuse by the Catholic clergy in Dublin. (CNN)
- The USA threatens Iran with ampquotsignificant new sanctionsampquot over the country's nuclear programme according to US Secretary of Defense Robert Gates. (BBC)
- The body of the former President of Cyprus Tassos Papadopoulos is stolen from the grave, a day before the first anniversary of his death. (''Daily Telegraph'')
- Former Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Mohamed ElBaradei says that if he decides to run in the presidential election in Egypt in 2011, he will run as an independent candidate instead of running as a candidate of any of the political parties in Egypt. (Reuters)
- The discovery of the Triassic theropod dinosaur genus ''Tawa'' is announced. (''Times Online'')
- North Korea acknowledges ampquotthe need to resumeampquot the stalled six-party talks on its nuclear program, after talks with U.S. envoy Stephen Bosworth. (BBC)
- The Airbus A400M from Airbus Military performs its maiden flight in Seville, Spain. (Reuters)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 11 December 2009
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Westerlo - Anderlecht : 0 - 2
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Hertha - Leverkusen : 2 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Aachen - Paderborn : 1 - 1
- Kaiserslautern - Koblenz : 3 - 0
- Karlsruhe - Duisburg : 0 - 1
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Brighton - Colchester : 1 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Papers - Usher
- I Invented Sex - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- Empire State Of Mind - Jay-Z + Alicia Keys
- Money To Blow - Birdman Featuring Lil Wayne & Drake
- Bad Habits - Maxwell
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
- Baby By Me - 50 Cent Featuring Ne-Yo
- It Kills Me - Melanie Fiona
- Forever - Drake Featuring Kanye West, Lil Wayne & Eminem
- Wasted - Gucci Mane Featuring Plies Or OJ Da Juiceman
Top #10 Latin songs
- Looking For Paradise - Alejandro Sanz Featuring Alicia Keys
- Me Gusta Todo De Ti - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Esclavo De Sus Besos - David Bisbal
- Gracias A Ti - Wisin & Yandel Featuring Enrique Iglesias
- Hay Ojitos - Intocable
- Te Ira Mejor Sin Mi - Joan Sebastian
- Te Ves Fatal - El Trono de Mexico
- La Calabaza - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Su Veneno - Aventura
- Espinoza Paz - Lo Intentamos
Top #10 Rock songs
- Break - Three Days Grace
- I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin
- Foo Fighters - Wheels
- Alice In Chains - Check My Brain
- Muse - Uprising
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
- If You Only Knew - Shinedown
- Jars - Chevelle
- Savior - Rise Against
- Kings And Queens - Thirty Seconds To Mars
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
They said their legislation would protect consumers in their dealings with financial institutions while holding executives rather than taxpayers accountable. [..]
It’s unclear if the move, which comes ahead of rulings by the government’s compensation czar, will placate critics. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $46.16
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $65.12
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $68.82
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $50.09
- 1 CHF = 6.5992 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.4364 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9748 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.228 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?