Thursday 11 January 2007US date format: 1/11/2007, UK date format: 11/1/2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 11, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK A Moment Like This by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
The Savages, directed by Tamara Jenkins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Innocent Man: Murder and Injustice in a Small Town by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Acorralada.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cabela's Monster Bass or Arena Football: Road to Glory.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 January 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 2007!
Which were the important events of 11 January 2007 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 January
- China conducts the first successful anti-satellite missile test of any nation since 1985.
- Liberal MP Jean Lapierre resigns from the Canadian House of Commons. Justin Trudeau is likely to be the Liberals' candidate in the next election in the Outremont riding. (London Free Press)
- 2006–2007 Bangladeshi political crisis: Bangladesh President Iajuddin Ahmed steps down as interim leader just hours after declaring a state of emergency and a curfew in the country. (BBC)
- Austria's new government is sworn in under Chancellor Alfred Gusenbauer (SPÖ) and Vice-Chancellor Wilhelm Molterer (ÖVP). (The International Herald Tribune)
- War in Somalia: A top U.S. official says that he believes the airstrike in Somalia on the previous day failed to kill the al-Qaeda suspects they targeted. (BBC)
- In the ongoing Operation Mountain Fury, NATO forces kill as many as 150 Taliban militants in Afghanistan's Paktika province. (BBC)
- The U.S. Defense Department reports that United States Department of Defense contractors, while traveling through Canada, have had Canadian coins with radio transmitters inside planted on them by unknown people. The transmitters could be used to track the locations of the contractors. (The Associated Press)
- Pieces of wreckage and a body are recovered from the missing Adam Air flight 574. (The Daily Telegraph)
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Beyonce - Irreplaceable
- Ciara - Promise
- I Wanna Love You - Akon Featuring Snoop Dogg
- You - Lloyd Featuring Lil Wayne
- Jim Jones - We Fly High
- My Love - Justin Timberlake Featuring T.I.
- Shortie Like Mine - Bow Wow Featuring Chris Brown & Johnta Austin
- Unk - Walk It Out
- Make It Rain - Fat Joe Featuring Lil Wayne
- Poppin' - Chris Brown Featuring Jay Biz
Top #10 Latin songs
- Bendita Tu Luz - Mana
- Tu Recuerdo - Ricky Martin Featuring La Mari De Chambao Y Tommy Torres
- Ser O Parecer - RBD
- Pam Pam - Wisin & Yandel
- Antes De Que Te Vayas - Marco Antonio Solis
- Dime (Tell Me) - Pitbull Featuring Frankie J & Ken-Y
- Dime Quien Es - Los Rieleros del Norte
- Chiquilla - A.B. Quintanilla III Presents Kumbia All Starz
- Ni Una Sola Palabra - Paulina Rubio
- Me Matas - RKM & Ken-Y
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The three principals of the KL Group were accused of orchestrating an extensive fraud that raised more than $194 million from at least 250 investors. [..]
US Airways increased its bid for Delta to about $10.3 billion. Hours later, Northwest Airlines emerged as a potential suitor. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $64.99
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $90.23
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $62.99
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $42.33
- 1 CAD = 1.0607 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9753 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9192 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.4302 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?