Tuesday 11 January 1983
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Turner Battle and Matthew Palleschi.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Down Under by Men At Work.
In UK You Can't Hurry Love by Phil Collins was in the top 5 hits.
Xtro, directed by Harry Bromley Davenport, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Return of the Jedi by James Kahn was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frontline.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Masters of the Universe: The Power of He-Man or Dishaster.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1983!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1983 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Turner Battle: American basketball player.
- Matthew Palleschi: Canadian soccer player.
- Ted Richards: Australian rules footballer.
- Adrian Sutil: German race car driver.
- Nikolaj V Podgorny: president USSR, dies at age 79.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 January 1983
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?