Monday 17 January 1983
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andrea Lowell and Alvaro Arbeloa.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Down Under by Men At Work.
In UK You Can't Hurry Love by Phil Collins was in the top 5 hits.
The Year of Living Dangerously, directed by Peter Weir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Space by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frontline.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Krull or The Dungeon Master.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1983!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1983 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Andrea Lowell: American model.
- Alvaro Arbeloa: Spanish footballer.
- Álvaro Arbeloa: Spanish footballer.
- Johannes Herber: German basketball player.
- Rick Kelly: Australian race car driver.
- Marcelo Garcia: Brazilian martial artist
- Doodles Weaver: actor/comedian (Ring of Fire), shoots himself at age 71.
- 10th American Music Awards: Kenny Rogers.
- Nigeria expels two million illegal aliens, mostly Ghanaians.
- Alabama Governor George C Wallace becomes governor for record fourth time.
- The tallest department store in the world, Hudson's, flagship store in downtown Detroit closes due to high cost of operating.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?