Saturday 8 January 1983
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chen Xiexia and Chris Masters.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Maneater by Daryl Hall & John Oates.
In UK The Land Of Make Believe by Bucks Fizz was in the top 5 hits.
Xtro, directed by Harry Bromley Davenport, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Poland by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching No Problem!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Atom or Cuthbert Goes Walkabout.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1983!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 8 January 1983 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Chen Xiexia
- Chris Masters: American wrestler.
- Kim Un: Supreme leader of North Korea, the son of Kim Jong Il (1941–2011) and the grandson of Kim Il Sung (1912–1994).
- Kim Jong-un: World Leader.
- Felipe Colombo: Mexican-Argentinian singer-songwriter guitarist and actor.
- A riot breaks out at Sing Sing prison, New York.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Bucks Fizz - The Land Of Make Believe
- Phil Collins - You Can't Hurry Love
- Men At Work - Down Under
- The Human League - Don't You Want Me
- Renee & Renato - Save Your Love
- Kool & The Gang - Get Down On It
- David Essex - A Winter's Tale
- Dollar - Mirror Mirror (Mon Amour)
- Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue
- Adam & The Ants - Ant Rap
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 8 January 1983
- Cleveland Browns - Los Angeles Raiders : 10 - 27
- Detroit Lions - Washington Redskins : 7 - 31
- New England Patriots - Miami Dolphins : 13 - 28
- St. Louis Cardinals - Green Bay Packers : 16 - 41
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?