Wednesday 12 January 1983
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Styliani Kaltsidou and Miho Tanaka.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Down Under by Men At Work.
In UK You Can't Hurry Love by Phil Collins was in the top 5 hits.
Xtro, directed by Harry Bromley Davenport, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Living, Loving & Learning by Leo Buscaglia was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frontline.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Dreadnaught Factor or Halls of the Things.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1983!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1983 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
Famous Birthdays:12 January
- NCAA creates the football Kickoff Classic to begin in August.
- Brooks Robinson and Juan Marichal elected to Baseball Hall of Fame.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?