Thursday January 13, 1983
US date format: 1/13/1983, UK date format: 13/1/1983
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 13, 1983). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Ronny Turiaf and Julian Morris (actor).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Down Under by Men At Work.
In UK You Can't Hurry Love by Phil Collins was in the top 5 hits.
Lianna, directed by John Sayles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Space by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Family Tree.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bio-Attack or Enduro.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 13, 1983?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 13, 1983?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Michael Jackson And Paul McCartney - The Girl Is Mine
- Sonny Charles - Put It In A Magazine
- Marvin Gaye - Sexual Healing
- Lionel Richie - Truly
- Tyrone Davis - Are You Serious
- Janet Jackson - Young Love
- Kool & The Gang - Let's Go Dancin' (ooh La, La, La)
- Chaka Khan - Got To Be There
- Barkays - Do It (let Me See You Shake)
- Evelyn King - Betcha She Don't Love You
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next January 13If January 13, 1983 is your birthday you're 37 years, 8 months, 5 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 3 months, 26 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?