Wednesday 19 January 1983
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hikaru Utada and Erin Normoyle.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Down Under by Men At Work.
In UK You Can't Hurry Love by Phil Collins was in the top 5 hits.
The Year of Living Dangerously, directed by Peter Weir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while And More By Andy Rooney by Andrew A. Rooney was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frontline.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Knights of the Desert or Bio-Attack.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1983!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 19 January 1983 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Hikaru Utada: American-Japanese singer-songwriter and producer.
- Erin Normoyle
- Daouda Sow
- Laurent Groppi
- Holly Piirainen: American homicide victim at the age of ten.
- Ham the Chimp: First hominid launched into outer space (Born 1956).
- Klaus Barbie, SS chief of Lyon in Nazi-France, arrested in Bolivia
- Apple Computer announces the Lisa computer. It features a 5 MHz 68000 processor, 12-inch monochrome monitor, 720x364 graphics, two 5.25-inch floppy drives, 5 MB hard drive, and six integrated programs. Its initial price is US$10,000. It is the first commercial personal computer with a graphical user interface.
- Nazi war criminal Klaus Barbie is arrested in Bolivia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?