Monday 11 July 1955US date format: 7/11/1955, UK date format: 11/7/1955
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 11, 1955). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Titouan Lamazou and Sergey Babinov.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley and His Comets.
In UK Unchained Melody by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
The Virgin Queen, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Breaking Wave by Nevil Shute was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frankie Laine Time.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 July 1955
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1955!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1955 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Titouan Lamazou: French skipper, draughtsman and writer.
- Sergey Babinov: USSR -- Ice hockey star (1972 Olympics -...
- Balaji Sadasivan: Singaporean neurosurgeon and politician...
- Congress authorizes all US currency to say In God We Trust
- New USAF Academy dedicated at Lowry AFB in Colo with 300 cadets
- New US Air Force Academy dedicated at Lowry Air Force Base in Colorado with 300 cadets.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1955 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Fats Domino - Ain't It A Shame
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
- Something's Gotta Give (orchestra Of Sy Oliver) - Sammy Davis Jr.
- Nat King Cole and the Four Knights - If I May
- Alan Dale - Sweet And Gentle
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?