Saturday 26 January 1907
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eddie Ballantine and Dimitrios Holevas.
Belles of Killarney, directed by Arthur Melbourne Cooper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
while The Weavers by Gilbert Parker was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1907!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1907 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Eddie Ballantine: Chicago, Illinois -- Orchestra leader (Don McNeill TV Club).
- Dimitrios Holevas: Greek priest and philologist (d. 2001).
- 1st federal corrupt election practices law passed
- The Short Magazine Lee-Enfield Mk III is officially introduced into British Military Service, and remains the second oldest military rifle still in official use.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1907 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- In the Evening by the Moonlight, Dear Louise - Frank Stanley
- He's a Cousin of Mine - Bob Roberts
- The Streets of New York - Billy Murray
- A Flower from Home, Sweet Home - Harry Macdonough & John Bieling
- An Evening at Mrs. Clancy's Boarding House - Steve Porter & Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?