Monday June 11, 1990
US date format: 6/11/1990, UK date format: 11/6/1990
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 11, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Christophe Lemaitre and Christophe LeMaitre.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to It Must Have Been Love by Roxette.
In UK World In Motion by Englandneworder was in the top 5 hits.
Ghayal, directed by Rajkumar Santoshi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while The Outlaws Of Mesquite by Louis L'Amour was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jeeves and Wooster.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Final Zone (FZ Senki Axis -- Japanese title) or DragonStrike.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 11, 1990?
- Federal judge sentenced former national security adviser John M Poindexter to 6 months for making false statements to Congress
- Nolan Ryan pitches his 6th no-hitter beating Oakland, in 9th he retires Ken Phelps, Rickey Henderson and Willie Randolph (all ex Yanks)
- Supreme Court says law prohibiting desecration of US flag unconstitut
- UN appoints Olivia Newton-John environmental ambassador
- Clyde McCoy: Jazz trumpeter (wah wah sound), dies at...
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 11, 1990?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Quincy Jones With Tevin Campbell - Tomorrow (A Better You, Better Me)
- Tony Toni Tone - The Blues
- Today - Why You Get Funky On Me (From "House Party")
- M.C. Hammer - U Can't Touch This
- The Winans - It's Time
- Jane Child - Don't Wanna Fall In Love
- Klymaxx - Good Love
- Troop - All I Do Is Think Of You
- The Family Stand - Ghetto Heaven
- En Vogue - Hold On
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next June 11If June 11, 1990 is your birthday you're 30 years, 3 months, 14 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 8 months, 17 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?