Tuesday June 19, 1990
US date format: 6/19/1990, UK date format: 19/6/1990
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 19, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Moa Hjelmer and Ksenia Lykina.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to It Must Have Been Love by Roxette.
In UK World In Motion by Englandneworder was in the top 5 hits.
Days of Thunder, directed by Tony Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while The Outlaws Of Mesquite by Louis L'Amour was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jeeves and Wooster.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crazy Sue or Earthrise.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 19, 1990?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- The current international law defending indigenous peoples, Indigenous and Tribal Peoples Convention, 1989, is ratified for the first time by Norway.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 19, 1990?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- M.C. Hammer - U Can't Touch This
- Today - Why You Get Funky On Me (From "House Party")
- Troop - All I Do Is Think Of You
- Klymaxx - Good Love
- Quincy Jones With Tevin Campbell - Tomorrow (A Better You, Better Me)
- Jane Child - Don't Wanna Fall In Love
- The Family Stand - Ghetto Heaven
- Tony Toni Tone - The Blues
- Michel'le - Nicety
- Lisa Stansfield - You Can't Deny It
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next June 19If June 19, 1990 is your birthday you're 30 years, 3 months, 4 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 8 months, 27 days.
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1990?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?