Sunday June 17, 1990
US date format: 6/17/1990, UK date format: 17/6/1990
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 17, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jordan Henderson and Monica Barbaro.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to It Must Have Been Love by Roxette.
In UK World In Motion by Englandneworder was in the top 5 hits.
Ghayal, directed by Rajkumar Santoshi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while The Outlaws Of Mesquite by Louis L'Amour was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jeeves and Wooster.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Amida (video game) or Carrier Air Wing.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 17, 1990?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Some Americans Abroad closes at Vivian Beaumont NYC after 62 performances
- 90th US Golf Open: Hale Irwin shoots a 280 at Medinah Country Club - Medinah, Illinois
- Chris Johnson wins LPGA Atlantic City Golf Classic
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 17, 1990?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Quincy Jones With Tevin Campbell - Tomorrow (A Better You, Better Me)
- Tony Toni Tone - The Blues
- Today - Why You Get Funky On Me (From "House Party")
- M.C. Hammer - U Can't Touch This
- The Winans - It's Time
- Jane Child - Don't Wanna Fall In Love
- Klymaxx - Good Love
- Troop - All I Do Is Think Of You
- The Family Stand - Ghetto Heaven
- En Vogue - Hold On
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next June 17If June 17, 1990 is your birthday you're 30 years, 3 months, 9 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 8 months, 22 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?