Thursday 11 June 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 11, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Boogie Woogie, directed by Duncan Ward, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Road Dogs by Elmore Leonard was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Un golpe de suerte.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing AFL Mascot Manor or Big Bang Mini.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 June 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 2009!
Which were the important events of 11 June 2009 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 June
- Sumire : Japanese fashion model (Born 1987).
- The outbreak of the H1N1 influenza strain, commonly referred to as quotswine fluquot, is deemed a global pandemic,ref name=quotWHO level 6quot becoming the first condition since the Hong Kong flu of 1967ampndash1968 to receive this designation.
- Some 2,000 wild Canadian geese are to be killed around New York's main airports to reduce the numbers of the birds that brought down US Airways Flight 1549 in January. (''The New York Times'')
- 10,000 Gabonese watch the body of President Omar Bongo arrive back home from Spain. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- A Bosnian television station shows what it says is recent video footage of genocide suspect and Bosnian war commander General Ratko Mladić in Serbia. (''The Guardian'')
- Swedish sports car maker Koenigsegg is to buy Saab Automobile from General Motors with support from Norwegian investors. (Forbes)
- Dáil Éireann debates the findings of the Commission to Inquire into Child Abuse, delayed by the motion of no confidence in the Irish Government opened by Fine Gael. (RTÉ)
- Ireland's Garda Commissioner sends two Garda forensic specialists to Brazil to assist in the identification of bodies from Air France Flight 447. (RTÉ)
- The World Health Organization declares the current outbreak of H1N1 to be a “pandemic”, the first since the 1968 Hong Kong flu. (RTÉ)
- Italian students protest Libyan leader Muammar al-Gaddafi's visit to the country. (BBC)
- Four Chinese Uighurs from the Guantanamo Bay detention camp are resettled in Bermuda. (''The Times'')
- Campaigning in Iran's presidential election ends after three weeks of mass rallies and political rhetoric. (BBC)
- Kumari Selja, India's tourism minister, calls off a visit to Australia following attacks on Indian students in the country. (BBC)
- The U.S. Supreme Court denies a bail request by Conrad Black, a member of the British House of Lords who remains in a federal prison in Florida.
- Egyptian Culture Minister Farouk Hosni announces that the ministry will publish Arabic translations of novels by Israeli writers Amos Oz and David Grossman. (BBC)
- Xu Zongheng, the mayor of Shenzhen, southern China, is dismissed for ampquotdisciplinary offencesampquot after being questioned on corruption allegations. (BBC)
- For the first time ever, Brazil offers US$10 billion in financing to the International Monetary Fund to help improve the availability of credit in developing countries. (BBC)
- Ferrero SpA is cleared of allegations of fraud relating to the supply of hazelnuts. (''The Times'')
- The Pittsburgh Penguins defeat the Detroit Red Wings in game seven to win the 2009 Stanley Cup Finals. (AP via WSLS)
- The head of the fourth largest coalition in the Iraqi parliament, Harith al-Obeidi, is assassinated in west Baghdad. (BBC)
- U.S. television stations complete their switch from analog to digital television. (''The Washington Times'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Knock You Down - Keri Hilson Featuring Kanye West & Ne-Yo
- Jeremih - Birthday Sex
- Best I Ever Had - Drake
- Blame It - Jamie Foxx Featuring T-Pain
- Every Girl - Young Money
- Boyfriend #2 - Pleasure P
- Kid Cudi - Day 'N' Nite
- sobeautiful - Musiq Soulchild
- Turn My Swag On - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- Halle Berry (She's Fine) - Hurricane Chris Featuring SupaSTAAR
Top #10 Latin songs
- Aqui Estoy Yo - Luis Fonsi
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Ya Es Muy Tarde - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Te Presumo - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Que Te Queria - La Quinta Estacion
- Por Un Segundo - Aventura
- All Up 2 You - Aventura Featuring Akon & Wisin & Yandel
- Fue Su Amor - Alacranes Musical
- El Katch - El Compa Chuy
- Patrulla 81 - Quiereme Mas
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Ron Bloom, an adviser to President Obama’s auto task force, said the government should be able get most, if not all, of its investment back. [..]
A manager faces murder charges following a fatal fire at a steel mill, while debate rages over proposed changes to worker protection laws. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $44.02
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $53.54
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $55.71
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $36.77
- 1 CAD = 0.9704 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.8766 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9032 CAD
- 1 GBP = 1.775 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?