Friday 5 June 2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
The Hangover, directed by Todd Phillips, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Video Games AWESOME!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cursed Mountain or Ant Nation.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 2009!
Which were the important events of 5 June 2009 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 June
- Two thousand new private color photographs of Adolf Hitler are published. (''Daily News'')
- The European Union's parliamentary election continues in the Czech Republic and Ireland. (Europarl)
- Ireland conducts local elections and two by-elections in Dublin Central and Dublin South. (''The Irish Times'')
- American economist Paul Krugman says that the Irish economy may not recover from the 2008-2009 financial crisis until 2014. (RTÉ)
- The Prime Minister of Italy Silvio Berlusconi threatens to sue the Spanish newspaper ''El País'' for publishing indecent photographs of people at his villa in Sardinia. (BBC)
- Ireland's rate of unemployment reaches 11.8%. (RTÉ)
- A bus fire kills at least 24 people in Chengdu, Sichuan, China. (Reuters via News Limited)
- Brazil's Air Force confirms that no debris has been recovered from Air France Flight 447. (Sky News)
- Presidential-election candidate Baciro Dabó and former Defense Minister Helder Proenca are accused of plotting a coup d'état and killed by Guinea-Bissau's government. (AFP)
- A bomb kills nine people in a café in Baghdad, Iraq. (BBC)
- Philippe Gomès is elected President of New Caledonia. (RNZI)
- A landslide buries approximately 59 people and kills at least two others in Chongqing, China. (BBC)
- A suicide attack kills at least 38 people at a mosque in Upper Dir District, Pakistan. (BBC)
- Former United States State Department employee Kendall Myers and his wife, Gwendolyn, are arrested and charged with spying for Cuba's government. (CNN)
- David Bain, after an extensive three-month retrial, is found not guilty of murdering five family members in Dunedin, New Zealand on 20 June 1994. (TVNZ)
- United Kingdom Prime Minister Gordon Brown shuffles the Cabinet: (RTÉ)
- Secretary of State for Transport Geoff Hoon announces his resignation. (''Daily Telegraph'')
- Minister of State for Europe Caroline Flint announces her resignation. (BBC)
- Alan Sugar becomes ampquotEnterprise Tsarampquot and receives a position in the House of Lords. (''Daily Telegraph'')
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 June 2009
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2009 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?