Tuesday 30 June 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 30, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Dark Blue, directed by Ron Shelton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Shanghai Girls by Lisa See was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Little White Lie.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Black Mirror II: Reigning Evil or Conga Bugs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 June 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 2009!
Which were the important events of 30 June 2009 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 June
- Robert DePugh: American activist founded the Minutemen Organization (d. 2009).
- Minnesota Supreme Court rules Al Franken is the winner of the November 2008 election as US Senator, by a margin of 312 votes. This gives the Democrats 60 senators in Congress.
- Yemenia Flight 626 crashes off the coast of Moroni, Comoros killing 152 people and leaving 1 survivor
- The Gas Exporting Countries Forum elects Abdullah Bin Hamad Al-Attiyah, oil and energy minister of Qatar, as the president of the organization. (Bloomberg)
- The President of Cameroon Paul Biya sacks Prime Minister Ephraim Inoni and appoints Philemon Yang to the role. (AP via Google News)
- Dresden loses its status as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. (Bloomberg)
- Germany's Constitutional Court approves the Treaty of Lisbon, but suspends ratification of it. (''The Wall Street Journal'')
- Official figures from the Central Statistics Office show a dramatic contraction in the Irish economy in the first three months of 2009. (RTÉ)
- At least 15 people are killed and 40 are injured by the derailment of an Italian freight train and subsequent explosion of two wagons carrying liquified petroleum gas in Viareggio. (BBC)
- The Pirate Bay, one of the world's largest BitTorrent trackers, confirms today that it would be acquired by Global Gaming Factory X (GGF) for 7.8 million USD. (''The Pirate Bay blog'')
- The Taliban scraps the truce offered in February by the Pakistani government, killing approximately 30 Pakistani soldiers shortly after making the announcement. (''The New York Times'')
- The Israeli navy intercepts a boat carrying humanitarian supplies headed for Gaza, which remains under a blockade. (Al Jazeera)
- The Minnesota Supreme Court orders that Al Franken be certified winner of the state's Senate election. (Reuters)
- Norm Coleman concedes the election saying ampquotfurther litigation would damage the state's unity.ampquot (Bloomberg)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in June 2009?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Best I Ever Had - Drake
- Knock You Down - Keri Hilson Featuring Kanye West & Ne-Yo
- Every Girl - Young Money
- Jeremih - Birthday Sex
- Ego - Beyonce
- Trey Songz - I Need A Girl
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
- Blame It - Jamie Foxx Featuring T-Pain
- Wetter (Calling You Daddy) - Twista Featuring Erika Shevon
- Last Chance - Ginuwine
Top #10 Latin songs
- Causa Y Efecto - Paulina Rubio
- Ya Es Muy Tarde - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- El Katch - El Compa Chuy
- Aqui Estoy Yo - Luis Fonsi
- Espinoza Paz - Lo Intentamos
- All Up 2 You - Aventura Featuring Akon & Wisin & Yandel
- Te Presumo - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Abusadora - Wisin & Yandel
- Fue Su Amor - Alacranes Musical
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $47.13
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $52.43
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $52.40
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $38.85
- 1 CHF = 6.2878 CNY
- 1 CAD = 5.8749 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9338 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.505 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?