Wednesday 17 June 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 17, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Dolan's Cadillac, directed by Jeff Beesley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Shanghai Girls by Lisa See was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Un golpe de suerte.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 3D Brick Breaker Revolution or AI War: Fleet Command.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 June 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 2009!
Which were the important events of 17 June 2009 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 June
- Darrell Powers: American World War II figure (Born 1923).
- Former American HealthSouth chief executive Richard Scrushy is ordered to pay US$2.9 billion after a judge found him responsible for an accounting fraud that nearly bankrupted the hospital chain.
- Pope Benedict XVI warns traditionalist Catholic organisation Society of St. Pius X (SSPX) not to go ahead with plans to ordain more than 30 priests on June 19 and 27, saying the move could incur disciplinary action. (BBC)
- Kitty Ussher resigns as Exchequer Secretary to the Treasury and announces that she will stand down as Member of Parliament for Burnley at the next general election following involvement in the United Kingdom Parliamentary expenses scandal. (BBC)
- United States President Barack Obama extends some benefits to the same-sex partners of federal government workers. (BBC)
- 2009 Iranian election protests:
- Mir-Hossein Mousavi calls for a day of mourning and rallies after several people die in protests following the presidential election. (BBC)
- Fans and members of the Iranian national football team protest during a World Cup qualifier against South Korea. (Al Bawaba)
- Over 100 Romanians flee their homes in Belfast after being attacked. (RTÉ)
- Burma's Supreme Court accepts an appeal by lawyers for National League for Democracy General Secretary Aung San Suu Kyi on whether to allow more defense witnesses to testify at her trial. (''Bangkok Post'')
- Seventeen people, including the head of Mogadishu's police force, are killed in fighting between the Transitional Federal Government and al-Shabaab. (AP)
- Maoist fighters kill 3 members of the ruling Communist Party in West Bengal. (''The Times of India'')
- Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh meets with Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari. (Xinhua)
- The Peruvian government is to revoke land laws that resulted in deadly clashes with indigenous protesters in the Amazon. (BBC)
- NASA defers the launch of Space Shuttle ''Endeavour'' for a second time until July. (AFP)
- A laptop containing unencrypted bank account details of 75,000 Bord Gáis customers is stolen in Dublin. (BBC)
- Eddie Bauer, the well-known retailer of outdoor apparel, filed for bankruptcy in a U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Delaware. (Reuters)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Knock You Down - Keri Hilson Featuring Kanye West & Ne-Yo
- Best I Ever Had - Drake
- Jeremih - Birthday Sex
- Every Girl - Young Money
- Blame It - Jamie Foxx Featuring T-Pain
- Boyfriend #2 - Pleasure P
- Halle Berry (She's Fine) - Hurricane Chris Featuring SupaSTAAR
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
- sobeautiful - Musiq Soulchild
- Kid Cudi - Day 'N' Nite
Top #10 Latin songs
- Aqui Estoy Yo - Luis Fonsi
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Ya Es Muy Tarde - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- All Up 2 You - Aventura Featuring Akon & Wisin & Yandel
- Te Presumo - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- El Katch - El Compa Chuy
- Fue Su Amor - Alacranes Musical
- Que Te Queria - La Quinta Estacion
- Por Un Segundo - Aventura
- Causa Y Efecto - Paulina Rubio
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
After a down session, Wall Street awaited the release on Wednesday of the Consumer Price Index for May. [..]
MySpace was once the pre-eminent social networking site, but recently it has lost some luster to Facebook. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $44.35
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $51.08
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $54.46
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $36.66
- 1 CHF = 6.3305 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.0381 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9532 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.419 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?