Sunday 21 June 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 21, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Dolan's Cadillac, directed by Jeff Beesley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Matters Of The Heart by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Un golpe de suerte.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Altitude or Cho Aniki Zero.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 June 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 2009!
Which were the important events of 21 June 2009 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 June
- Archaeologists find evidence showing that the manioc plant was a staple food of the Maya. (''The Los Angeles Times'')
- The Pakistan Cricket Team wins the 2009 ICC World Twenty20 world cup after a hard match against Sri Lanka at Lord's Cricket Ground in London, England. (Cricinfo)
- A new pro-Treaty of Lisbon group led by Pat Cox is launched in Ireland. (RTÉ)
- The Somali government declares a state of emergency. (Reuters)
- Self-rule is introduced in Greenland following a 2008 referendum. (BBC)
- Seven people, including six amusement park employees, are killed in a French rural helicopter crash. (RTÉ)
- 2009 Iranian election protests:
- Iranian state television claims at least ten people are dead following protests over the recent election. (RTÉ)
- Iranian officials ask the BBC's chief Iran correspondent to immediately leave the country after accusing the BBC of meddling in internal affairs. (BBC)
- The Guardian Council admits more than 100% of eligible voters cast their ballots in 50 cities in the presidential election. (Press TV)
- Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani's daughter is arrested. (''Irish Independent'')
- Accusations of interference in Iran leveled against the United Kingdom and United States are rejected by British Foreign Secretary David Miliband. (''Irish Independent'')
- The death toll from the Taza bombing rises to 73. (RTÉ)
- At least sixteen people are killed in a factory blast in Fengyang county, Anhui, China. (AP)
- An open top sightseeing bus with 40 tourists on board is stoned in Belfast. (RTÉ)
- Salvatore Miceli, an Italian Mafia fugitive on the run since 2001 and listed as one of the country's 30 most dangerous men, is arrested in Venezuela. (Reuters)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 21 June 2009
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Tenerife - Castellon : 1 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Knock You Down - Keri Hilson Featuring Kanye West & Ne-Yo
- Best I Ever Had - Drake
- Jeremih - Birthday Sex
- Every Girl - Young Money
- Blame It - Jamie Foxx Featuring T-Pain
- Boyfriend #2 - Pleasure P
- Halle Berry (She's Fine) - Hurricane Chris Featuring SupaSTAAR
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
- sobeautiful - Musiq Soulchild
- Kid Cudi - Day 'N' Nite
Top #10 Latin songs
- Aqui Estoy Yo - Luis Fonsi
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Ya Es Muy Tarde - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- All Up 2 You - Aventura Featuring Akon & Wisin & Yandel
- Te Presumo - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- El Katch - El Compa Chuy
- Fue Su Amor - Alacranes Musical
- Que Te Queria - La Quinta Estacion
- Por Un Segundo - Aventura
- Causa Y Efecto - Paulina Rubio
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Many smaller automakers are gaining a bigger share of the American market, most notably Hyundai and Kia. [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?