Friday 11 March 1927
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 11, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Dominati and Vince Boryla.
The Beloved Rogue, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 March 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 March 1927!
Which were the important events of 11 March 1927 ?
- Zambia - Youth Day.
- Saint Rosina
- Saint Alberta
- Saint Vindician
- Blessed Auria
- Lesotho - Moshoeshoe Day.
- Lithuania - Reestablishment of Lithuania's Independence.
- United States - Johnny Appleseed Day, 311 Day
- Blessed John Righi
- Jacques Dominati: Ajaccio Politician.
- Vince Boryla
- Alan Betts: emeritus professor (Royal Veterinary College).
- Mario Baroni: Italian cyclist who competed in the Tour de France in the 1950s.
- Joachim Fuchsberger: German actor, television host, lyricist and businessman best known to a wide German-speaking audience as one of the recurring actors in various Edgar Wallace movies (always playing one of the good guys, often a Detective Inspector with Scotland Yard).
- Raymond Jackson [Jaki]: British cartoonist.
- Robert Mosbacher: American sailor businessman and politician 25th United States Secretary of Commerce (d. 2010).
- Josep Subirachs: Spanish sculptor and painter (d. 2014).
- Freda Meissner-Blau: Australian activist and politician (d. 2015).
- Ron Todd: British trade unionist.
- 1st armored commercial car hold-up in US, Pittsburgh
- 1st golden gloves tournament
- First armored commercial car hold-up in US, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Samuel Roxy Rothafel opens famous Roxy Theater (New York City, New York).
- In New York City, Samuel Roxy Rothafel opens the Roxy Theatre.