Thursday 11 May 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 11, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Antoine Rufenacht and Milt Pappas.
It's a Wonderful World, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 May 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1939!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1939 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Antoine Rufenacht: French right-wing politician and UMP mayor of Le Havre, 1995-2010.
- Robert Darnton: Historian.
- Milt Pappas: Baseball pitcher.
- Carlos Lyra: Brazilian musician.
- Dante Tinga: Filipino Supreme Court jurist.
- Dante Tiñga: Filipino jurist and politician.
- Evgenii Miller: Russian counter-revolutionary (Born 1867).