Thursday 11 May 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Antoine Rufenacht and Milt Pappas.
Goodbye, Mr. Chips, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Wickford Point by John P. Marquand was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1939!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 May 1939 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Antoine Rufenacht: French right-wing politician and UMP mayor of Le Havre, 1995-2010.
- Milt Pappas: Baseball pitcher.
- Carlos Lyra: Brazilian musician.
- Dante Tinga: Filipino Supreme Court jurist.
- Dante Tiñga: Filipino jurist and politician.
- Evgenii Miller: Russian counter-revolutionary (Born 1867).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?