Wednesday 11 May 1927
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 11, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mort Sahl and Zilpha Keatly Snyder.
Crazy to Act, directed by Earle Rodney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 May 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1927!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1927 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Mort Sahl: Canadian-American entertainer, comedian and political satirist.
- Justice Hollis
- Zilpha Keatly Snyder: United States -- Sci-fi author (Headless Cupid).
- Bernard Fox: English actor.
- Gene Savoy: American author, explorer, scholar and cleric (d. 2007).
- Juan Gris: Spanish painter and sculptor who lived and worked in France most of his life.
- Belgium beats England 9-1 in soccer
- Louis B Mayer forms Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.