Sunday 11 November 1945, Veteran's Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 11, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Ortega and Jacques Mercier (conductor).
Detour, directed by Edgar G. Ulmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Choreotones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 November 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1945!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1945 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Daniel Ortega: Nicaraguan politician who has been President of Nicaragua since 2007; previously he was leader of Nicaragua from 1979 to 1990, first as Coordinator of the Junta of National Reconstruction (1979–1985) and then as President (1985–1990).
- Jacques Mercier (conductor)
- Elvin Hayes: Rayville sports Champions.
- Denise Alexander in New York City: New York, USA; actress (General Hospital, Another World).
- Vince Martell: NYC, New York -- Rock guitarist (Vanilla Fudge).
- Chris Dreja: English guitarist and songwriter (The Yardbirds and Box of Frogs).
- Bill Lilly: American businessman, self-made millionaire and ex-convict.
- Jerome Kern: American composer, recognized for his light-opera scores of the modern school of melody.