Sunday 11 November 1928, Veteran's DayUS date format: 11/11/1928, UK date format: 11/11/1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 11, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carlos Fuentes and Edward Zorinsky.
Caught in the Draft, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 November 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1928!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1928 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Carlos Fuentes: Panamanian-Mexican author and academic (d. 2012).
- Edward Zorinsky: American politician who served as a Senator for the state of Oklahoma.
- Claude Guichard: Ste Foy la Grande physician.
- Ernestine Anderson: American singer.
- Arthur Cunningham: Composer.
- Gracita Morales: Spanish actress and singer (d. 1995).
- Len Fulford: English photographer and director (d. 2011).
- Donald Petersen: American professor and poet, his collection, "Early and Late" received the 2001 New Criterion Poetry Prize.
- KXO-AM in El Centro CA begins radio transmissions
- WGL-AM in Ft Wayne IN begins radio transmissions
- WMT-AM in Cedar Rapids IA begins radio transmissions
- WOL-AM in Washington DC begins radio transmissions