Sunday 12 August 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 12, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bruce Greenwood and Mireille Faugère.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
These Wilder Years, directed by Roy Rowland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Rosemary Tree by Elizabeth Goudge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Against Crime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 August 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 12 August 1956 ?
- Bruce Greenwood: Canadian actor and producer.
- Terry Taylor [Paul Klause]: Wrestler (WCW / WWF / NWA, Red Rooster).
- Mireille Faugère: French public administrator, who served as the executive director of the 'Assistance Publique - Hôpitaux de Paris' from 1 September 2010 to November 2013.
- Lee Freedman: Australian horse trainer.
- Sidath Wettimuny: Sri Lankan cricketer.
- Canadain actor William Shatner (Star Trek) marries Gloria Brink
- KOTI TV channel 2 in Klamath Falls, OR (NBC / CBS) begins broadcasting
- Marlene Bauer Hagge wins LPGA World Golf Championship
- William Shatner marries Gloria Rand
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Tony Martin - Walk Hand In Hand
- Sweet Old-Fashioned Girl - Teresa Brewer
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?