Tuesday 12 December 1933
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Manu Dibango and Josy Eisenberg.
Sagebrush Trail, directed by Armand Schaefer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Anthony Adverse by Hervey Allen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 December 1933!
Which were the important events of 12 December 1933 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mas�'il (Questions) - First day of the 15th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Also see December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kenya - Jamhuri Day: Independence Day (from Britain, 1963)
- Manu Dibango
- Josy Eisenberg: French television producer, who produces an animated TV show, À bible ouverte, which has been running on France 2 since the early 1960s.
- Christa Stubnick: German sprinter.
- Theodore Moses Tobani: Composer, dies at 78.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1933 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Ain't Cha Glad? - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Jack Teagarden)
- Smoke Gets In Your Eyes - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?