Monday 4 December 1933
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Horst Buchholz and Wink Martindale.
Sagebrush Trail, directed by Armand Schaefer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
On TV people were watching Comicolor cartoons.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 December 1933
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1933!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1933 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- Horst Buchholz: German actor occasionally seen internationally, as in "Nine Hours To Rama," 1963.
- Wink Martindale: American TV personality, particularly known for hosting game shows.
- Jean Renard: French songwriter, record producer, and producer, who has written many successful French songs.
- Stefan George: German romantic poet noted for his homo-erotic work.
- FDR creates Federal Alcohol Control Administration
- US President Franklin Roosevelt creates Federal Alcohol Control Administration.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1933 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Ain't Cha Glad? - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Jack Teagarden)
- Smoke Gets In Your Eyes - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra