Thursday 28 December 1933
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Perkins in Cleveland and John Y Brown.
Sons of the Desert, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Anthony Adverse by Hervey Allen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1933!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1933 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Jack Perkins in Cleveland: Ohio, USA; newscaster (Prime Time Sunday, NBC Magazine).
- John Y Brown: Jr.
- Charles Fiterman: French politician.
- Cornelius Gurlitt: The son of Hildebrand Gurlitt (art dealer and historian) hoarded a treasure of 1500 missing pictures (hypothetical market value hundreds of millions €) until found by German customs spring 2011 in Munich.
- John Brown: American soldier lawyer and politician 55th Governor of Kentucky.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1933 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- April in Paris - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?