Friday 8 December 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Flip Wilson [Clerow] in Jersey City and Oswaldo Sargentelli.
Sagebrush Trail, directed by Armand Schaefer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1933!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1933 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Flip Wilson [Clerow] in Jersey City: New Jersey, USA; comedian (Flip Wilson Show).
- Oswaldo Sargentelli: Brazil impresario, a show organizer.
- Flip Wilson: American comedian, the first black comic to transcend race lines with his own TV variety show using material that was universal, funny to everyone regardless of race, gender or nationality.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 December 1933
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?