Wednesday 13 December 1933
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Levi Peterson and Doug Mohns.
Sagebrush Trail, directed by Armand Schaefer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Ann Vickers by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1933!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1933 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Levi Peterson: Mormon biographer, essayist and novelist whose best-known works include the seminal biography of Juanita Brooks, his own autobiography and his novel The Backslider, "standard for the contemporary Mormon novel".
- Doug Mohns: Canadian-American ice hockey player (d. 2014).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1933 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Smoke Gets In Your Eyes - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Ain't Cha Glad? - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Jack Teagarden)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?