Saturday 12 May 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 12, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Glenn Robbins and Bernie Federko.
In UK No Other Love by Ronnie Hilton was in the top 5 hits.
The Killing, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Scaramouche.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 May 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1956!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1956 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Glenn Robbins: Australian comedian.
- Bernie Federko: Canadian ice hockey player coach and manager.
- Sergio Marchi: Argentinean-Canadian urban planner and politician 10th Canadian Minister of International Trade.
- Asad Rauf: Pakistani cricketer and umpire.
- East Pakistan is struck by cyclone and tidal waves.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?