Friday 13 April 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 13, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edwige Avice and Joseph Doucé.
The Horn Blows at Midnight, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 April 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 April 1945!
Which were the important events of 13 April 1945 ?
- Edwige Avice
- Joseph Doucé
- Tony Dow: American actor who is most known for his performance as Beaver's older brother in the 1957-1963 TV series, "Leave it to Beaver.
- Lowell George: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Little Feat and The Mothers of Invention) (d. 1979).
- Carlos Gimenez: in Argentina/Venezuela; founder (Theater festival of Caracas).
- Tony Dow in Hollywood: California, USA; actor (Wally - Leave it to Beaver).
- Charles Robinson: American actor.
- Pasteur Douce: Belgian business owner of a bookstore that also served as a refuge for homosexuals and pedophiles, when he was kidnapped in July 1990.
- Serge Schmemann: Journalist.
- Ed Caruthers: American high jumper.
- Bob Kalsu: American football player and lieutenant (d. 1970).
- Judy Nunn: Australian actress and screenwriter.
- Jorge Cervera: Mexican-American waiter, no longer employed after 1983 as he had Karposi's sarcoma.
- Raymond van Geytenbeek: Dutch singer / drummer (Les Baroques).
- Edward J Caruthers Jr in Oklahoma City: Oklahoma, USA; high jumper (Olympics-silver-1968).
- Stacy Johnson: American singer (Sharpees - "Tired of Being Alone").
- Ernst Cassirer: German philosopher.
- Red Army occupy Wien (Vienna)
- Canadian army liberates Teuge and Assen Netherlands from Germans.
- US marines conquer Minna Shima off Okinawa.
- World War II: German troops kill more than 1,000 political and military prisoners in Gardelegen Germany.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1945 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- All of My Life - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Just a Prayer Away - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Woody Herman & His Orchestra - Laura
- Freddy Martin & His Orchestra - Dream
- Laura - Jerry Wald & His Orchestra
- Just a Prayer Away - Bing Crosby with Ethel Smith (Organ)
- My Dreams are Getting Better All the Time - Johnny Long & His Orchestra