Tuesday 13 April 1943US date format: 4/13/1943, UK date format: 13/4/1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 13, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rory Marcato and Tim Krabbe.
The Ghost and the Guest, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 April 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 April 1943!
Which were the important events of 13 April 1943 ?
- Rory Marcato: American astrologer and member of NCGR and its research committee from 1970 becoming involved with its suicide research study.
- Tim Krabbe
- Eve Graham: rocker (New Seekers).
- Billy Kidd: American athlete, an Olympic skier, he and Jim Heuga were the first two Americans to win medals in the Olympics Alpine Skiing event.
- Michael Otto: Businessman.
- Philip Norman: English journalist author and playwright.
- Tim Krabbé: Dutch writer with multiple talents and interests.
- Bill Koch: US skier.
- Catholic University Nijegen closes
- FDR dedicates Jefferson Memorial
- US President Franklin Roosevelt dedicates Jefferson Memorial.
- World War II: The discovery of a mass grave of Polish prisoners of war executed by Soviet forces in the Katyn Forest Massacre is announced, causing a diplomatic rift between the Polish government in exile in London from the Soviet Union, which denies responsibility.
- The Jefferson Memorial is dedicated in Washington, D.C., on the 200th anniversary of Thomas Jefferson's birth.
- WWII: Radio Berlin announces the discovery by Wehrmacht of mass graves of Poles killed by Soviets in the Katyn massacre.