Friday 13 August 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 13, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
Burning Bright, directed by Carlos Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Immortal Life Of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Offspring.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dragon Age: Origins – Awakening or All Round Hunter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 August 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 2010!
Which were the important events of 13 August 2010 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 August
- U.S. District Judge Jeffrey White bans the planting of genetically modified sugar beets engineered by Monsanto, ruling that in 2009 that the U.S. Department of Agriculture had approved Monsanto's genetically modified sugar beets without adequate environmental study.
- Police shoot dead at least four civilians, including two teenagers, demonstrating against the government in Indian-administered Kashmir protesters say they were unarmed. (IOL)
- An Australian Special Air Service Regiment soldier Jason Brown, is killed in fighting the Taliban in northern Kandahar Province, Afghanistan. (AAP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The eurozone economy grows by 1% in the second quarter of 2010, with the German economy growing by 2.2%, its fastest quarterly growth in more than 20 years. (AP)
- TAM Airlines of Brazil and LAN Airlines of Chile announce plans for a merger that would make the biggest carrier in the region. (BBC)
- The Hong Kong Monetary Authority announces it is to tighten some rules on mortgage lending, signalling that it is concerned about the dangers of a real estate bubble in Hong Kong. (Market Watch)
- Mosta - Malta Fireworks Factory (13t'Awissu) explodes leaving one man dead.
- President of Pakistan Asif Ali Zardari officially cancels Independence Day as a direct consequence of the ongoing floods that have devastated the country. (Aljazeera)
- Fresh landslides and heavy rain in northwestern China leave at least 29 people dead and a further 10,500 trapped. (BBC)
- A forest fire grows in size near Russia's main nuclear research centre in Sarov. (AFP)
- 2 firefighters are killed fighting wildfires in Fornelos de Montes, Pontevedra, in Galicia, Spain. (BBC)
- A building collapse in Abuja, Nigeria sees further rescue efforts at least 14 people are known to have died. (BBC)
- A strong earthquake strikes near Guam. (BBC)
- Germany allows suspected Israeli spy Uri Brodsky, connected of the murder of Mahmoud al-Mabhouh in Dubai, to go free after his recent extradition from Poland. (''Haaretz'')
- France condemns the actions of a senior soldier after a YouTube video of him threatening a Togolese journalist in Lomé is released. (France 24)
- , a cargo ship carrying around 490 Tamil migrants, refugees and suspected human smugglers and Tamil Tigers as well as reports of tuberculosis outbreaks is scheduled to arrive in Esquimalt, British Columbia. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police and Canadian Navy are escorting and boarding the ship, and the ship's captain is suspected by the Sri Lankan Government of being a gun runner. (CBC)
- President of the United States Barack Obama signs a bill increasing security along his country's border with Mexico. (''The Asian Age'')
- Sierra Leone's human rights commission asks South Africa to return ampquotblood diamondsampquot allegedly given to Naomi Campbell. (BBC)
- Lebanon cancels an Iranian made television series about Jesus after complaints from Christian leaders and the public. (AFP)
- Rosatom, Russia's nuclear energy corporation announces that it will start loading fuel for the Bushehr Nuclear Power Plant Iran's first nuclear power plant from August 21. (Aljazeera)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 13 August 2010
Division 2Football (France)
- Angers - Boulogne : 0 - 0
- Clermont - Dijon : 2 - 2
- Evian Thonon Gaillard - Vannes : 4 - 0
- Istres - Tours : 1 - 0
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Leyton Orient - Charlton : 1 - 3
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Sp Braga - Portimonense : 3 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2010?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Find Your Love - Drake
- Ride - Ciara Featuring Ludacris
- Your Love - Nicki Minaj
- Miss Me - Drake Featuring Lil Wayne
- Pretty Boy Swag - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- OMG - Usher Featuring will.i.am
- B.M.F. (Blowin' Money Fast) - Rick Ross Featuring Styles P
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Yerbatero - Juanes
- Alejate De Mi - Camila
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- No Puedo Volver - Intocable
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Stand By Me - Prince Royce
- Waka Waka (This Time For Africa) - Shakira Featuring Freshlyground
- Te Recordare - El Trono de Mexico
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Another Way To Die - Disturbed
- Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
- Phoenix - Lisztomania
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Thirty Seconds To Mars - This Is War
- Muse - Uprising
- Savior - Rise Against
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Agricultural Bank of China has fully exercised an over-allotment option for the Shanghai portion of its initial public offering, taking the total proceeds from the offer to $22.1 billion, making the I.P.O. the world’s biggest. [..]
Unemployment claims, Cisco earnings and other data weighed on investors around the world. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $34.50
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $73.42
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $70.27
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $40.45
- 1 CHF = 6.4648 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5254 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0058 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.068 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?