Monday 9 July 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Hanks and Bernie Bonvoisin.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
La Strada, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Armchair Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1956!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 9 July 1956 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Tom Hanks: American actor and film producer, the winner of an Oscar for Best Actor on 3/21/1994 for "Philadelphia," a second Oscar on 3/27/1995 for "Forest Gump," a film that netted six awards.
- Bernie Bonvoisin: French hard rock singer and film director.
- [Peter] Marc Almond: Merseyside, England -- Vocalist (Soft Cell).
- Tom Hanks in Concord: California, USA; actor (Bossom Buddies, Big, Punchline).
- Michael Lederer: American author poet and playwright.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- All Star Hit Parade (EP) - Various Artists
- I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues - The Goons
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?