Thursday 13 December 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 13, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Herman Cain and Tony Williams.
The Stork Club, directed by Hal Walker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Choreotones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 December 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1945!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1945 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Herman Cain: American businessman and political activist.
- Tracy Kidder: Author.
- Tony Williams: Musician.
- Portia Simpson-Miller: Statesman.
- Kathy Garver: American actress.
- Brian McGuire: Australian racing driver (d. 1977).
- Irma Grese: German concentration camp supervisor (Born 1923).
- Elisabeth Volkenrath: Polish-born German Nazi concentration camp supervisor (d. 1945).
- Vittorio Mario Vanzo: Composer, dies at 83.
- Robert van Genechten: Dutch Nazi (NSB), commits suicide.
- Josef Kramer: German concentration camp commandant (Born 1906).