Wednesday 13 January 1915
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edward Frederick and Louis Amade.
Hypocrites, directed by Courtenay Foote, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while The Turmoil by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1915!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1915 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Edward Frederick: Weston Goodman property developer.
- Louis Amade: French senior police officer, author and songwriter.
- Mike Dejan: American baseball player, a left-handed catcher who played with the Cincinnati Reds in July and August 1940.
- Gustav Lorentzen: Norwegian thermodynamic scientist and professor at the Norwegian Institute of Technology, and Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Mary Slessor: Scottish missionary (Born 1848).
- Earthquake in Avezzano Italy kills 30,000.
- W Churchill presents plan for assault on Dardanelles.
- An earthquake in Avezzano, Italy kills 29,800.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 January 1915
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- At the Mississippi Cabaret - American Quartet
- It's a Long, Long Way to Tipperary - Albert Farrington
- Same Sort of Girl - John Barnes Wells & Inez Barbour
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?