Wednesday 13 January 1915
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Louis Amade and Edward Frederick.
Hypocrites, directed by Courtenay Foote, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while Pollyanna Grows Up by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1915!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1915 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Louis Amade: French senior police officer, author and songwriter.
- Edward Frederick: Weston Goodman property developer.
- Mike Dejan: American baseball player, a left-handed catcher who played with the Cincinnati Reds in July and August 1940.
- Gustav Lorentzen: Norwegian thermodynamic scientist and professor at the Norwegian Institute of Technology, and Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Mary Slessor: Scottish missionary (Born 1848).
- Earthquake in Avezzano Italy kills 30,000.
- W Churchill presents plan for assault on Dardanelles.
- An earthquake in Avezzano, Italy kills 29,800.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Same Sort of Girl - John Barnes Wells & Inez Barbour
- It's a Long, Long Way to Tipperary - Albert Farrington
- At the Mississippi Cabaret - American Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?