Wednesday 13 December 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Stevens and Leonard Weisgard.
King Lear, directed by Ernest C. Warde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while Life and Gabriella by Ellen Glasgow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1916!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1916 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
Famous Birthdays:13 December
- Esme Stuart Lennox Robinsons premieres in Dublin.
- Avalanche kills 10,000 Austrian and Italian troops in 24 hours in Tyrol.
- French chief of staff Joffre replaced by Nivelle.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1916 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen - Walter Van Brunt
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?