Thursday July 13, 2006
US date format: 7/13/2006, UK date format: 13/7/2006
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 13, 2006). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Cambree Allen .
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
Heavens Fall, directed by Terry Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Black Order by James Rollins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Eureka.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Billy the Wizard: Rocket Broomstick Racing or Act of War: High Treason.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 13, 2006?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday, 3rd day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of K�lim�t (Words) - First day of the seventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Bon Festival - Buddhist festival to honor the dead (East Japan)
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 2nd day (not a holiday)
- Alaksandar Kazulin, a candidate for President of Belarus against Alexander Lukashenko, is jailed for five and a half years for organising protests against Lukashenko's re-election. (Reuters)
- A Harrier Jumpjet en route to the Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford crashes onto a road near Tackley in Oxfordshire. The pilot, who managed to eject before impact, was praised for his skill ensuring no loss of life occurred the aircraft went down in a relatively populated area. (Reuters)
- The United States vetoes a United Nations resolution condemning Israel's military operations in the Gaza Strip. (AFP)
- North Korean diplomats quickly leave a meeting with South Korea and a U.S. diplomat, and leave the region after a week of diplomacy. (Reuters)
- See more
- Cambree Allen: Cheerleader.
- Michael Busselle: English photographer and writer (Born...
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 13, 2006?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean - Hips Don't Lie
- Nelly Furtado - Maneater
- Lily Allen - Smile
- Sandi Thom - I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair)
- The Pussycat Dolls featuring Snoop Dogg - Buttons
Top #10 R&B songs
- Yung Joc - It's Goin' Down
- Lil Jon Featuring E-40 & Sean Paul Of The YoungBloodZ - Snap Yo Fingers
- LeToya - Torn
- Field Mob Featuring Ciara - So What
- Cassie - Me & U
- T.I. - Why You Wanna
- Young Dro Featuring T.I. - Shoulder Lean
- Mary J. Blige Featuring Brook-Lyn - Enough Cryin
- Beyonce Featuring Jay Z - Deja Vu
- Cherish Featuring Sean Paul Of The YoungBloodZ - Do It To It
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next July 13If July 13, 2006 is your birthday you're 14 years, 22 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 11 months, 9 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- A Mission to Repeal Murphy’s Law Beset by misfortune in the United States, BP has installed a Mr. Fix-It in Robert A. Malone. [..]
- Boeing Raises 20-Year Forecast Boeing Raises 20-Year Forecast. [..]
- See all financial news of July 13, 2006
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $64.15
- Apple AAPL: opens at $52.03
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $22.37
- General Electric GE: opens at $33.01
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $75.01
- 1 USD = 115.37 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.1309 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.2292 CHF
- 1 USD = 7.9924 CNY
- 1 EUR = 146.44 JPY