Sunday 28 December 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edmund Carpenter and William Root.
They Died with Their Boots On, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while The Sun Is My Undoing by Marguerite Steen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Voice of America News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1941!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1941 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Edmund Carpenter: American industrial technical engineer and CEO of General Signal, a maker of electronic and industrial gear.
- William Root: American poet, he is married to fellow poet Pamela Uschuk.
- Intikhab Alam: Indian-Pakistani cricketer and coach.
- Tetsuya Watari: Japanese actor.
- State of siege goes into effect in Bohemia / Moravia
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1941 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?