Saturday July 13, 1985
US date format: 7/13/1985, UK date format: 13/7/1985
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 13, 1985). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Stanley Weber and Guillermo Ochoa.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to A View To A Kill by Duran Duran.
In UK Frankie by Sister Sledge was in the top 5 hits.
Pee-wee's Big Adventure, directed by Tim Burton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Inside, Outside by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stingray.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Master of the Lamps or The Last V8.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 13, 1985?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday, 3rd day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of K�lim�t (Words) - First day of the seventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Bon Festival - Buddhist festival to honor the dead (East Japan)
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 2nd day (not a holiday)
- Live Aid concert raises over $70 million for African famine relief
- New York Yankees retire Roger Maris (9) and Elston Howard (32) uniforms
- Live Aid rock concert is staged in London, Philadelphia, Moscow and Sydney. Over ?50 million is raised for famine relief in Ethiopia.
- United States Vice President George H.W. Bush becomes the Acting President for the day when President Ronald Reagan undergoes surgery to remove polyps from his colon.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 13, 1985?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Duran Duran - A View To A Kill
- Phil Collins - Sussudio
- Prince - Raspberry Beret
- Survivor - The Search Is Over
- Eurythmics - Would I Lie To You?
- Paul Young - Everytime You Go Away
- Whitney Houston - You Give Good Love
- 'Til Tuesday - Voices Carry
- Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days
- Cyndi Lauper - The Goonies 'R' Good Enough
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Loose Ends - Hangin' On A String
- Freddie Jackson - Rock Me Tonight (For Old Times Sake)
- Rene & Angela - Save Your Love (For #1)
- Prince And The Revolution - Raspberry Beret
- Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly - Too Many Games
- Lisa Lisa And Clult Jam With Full Force - I Wonder If I Take You Home
- Debarge - Who's Holding Donna Now
- Paul Hardcastle - 19
- Cameo - Attack Me With Your Love
- Skipworth & Turner - Thinking About Your Love
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next July 13If July 13, 1985 is your birthday you're 35 years, 3 months, 17 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 8 months, 13 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on July 13, 1985?
On July 13, 1985 the day of the week was Saturday.
What zodiac sign is July 13, 1985?
On July 13, 1985 the zodiac sign was Cancer.
Who was the US President on July 13, 1985?
On July 13, 1985 the US President was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on July 13, 1985?
On July 13, 1985 the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on July 13, 1985?
On July 13, 1985 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on July 13, 1985?
On July 13, 1985 several famous people were born including, Stanley Weber, Guillermo Ochoa, Charlotte Dujardin.
What was the number one song in July 13, 1985?
The number one song in the week of July 13, 1985 was A View To A Kill by Duran Duran in US and Frankie by Sister Sledge in UK.
What were the top hits on July 13, 1985?
The top hits on July 13, 1985 were A View To A Kill by Duran Duran, Sussudio by Phil Collins, Raspberry Beret by Prince in US and Frankie by Sister Sledge, Axel F by Harold Faltermeyer, There Must Be An Angel (Playing With My Heart) by Eurythmics in UK.