Wednesday 13 October 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Herblock [Herbert L Block] and Herbert Block.
L'innominato, directed by Mario Caserini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Man in Lower Ten by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1909!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1909 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Herblock [Herbert L Block]: Roosevelt, Utah -- Political cartoonist.
- Herbert Block: American cartoonist (d. 2001).
- Jacques Guillebon: French military officer, a general in World War II, awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).
- Art Tatum: American jazz piano soloist who studied piano, guitar, violin and accordion.
- de Guillebon: Lun?ville Military man.
- Herblock : American author and illustrator (d. 2001)
- Francisco Ferrer Guardia: Spanish free-thinker (Born 1849).
- An agreement by Germany, Italy and Switzerland gives the Germans and Italians access to the Gotthard Rail Tunnel.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Take Me Out for a Joy Ride - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
- My Pony Boy - Ada Jones
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?