Wednesday 13 September 1939US date format: 9/13/1939, UK date format: 13/9/1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 13, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Kiel and Joel-Peter Witkin.
Dust Be My Destiny, directed by Lewis Seiler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 September 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1939!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1939 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Richard Kiel: American giant (2.
- Joel-Peter Witkin: American photographer.
- Arleen Auger: American soprano and educator (d. 1993).
- Henry Waxman: Politician.
- Guntis Ulmanis: Latvian economist and politician 5th...
- Richard Kiel in Detroit: Michigan, USA; actor (James Bond...
- Larry Speakes: US presidential press secretary.
- Igor Stravinsky invents 1st helicopter