Friday 13 August 1909
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 13, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Beal and Wilhelmina Von Bremen.
The Way of the Cross, directed by J. Stuart Blackton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 August 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1909!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1909 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- John Beal: Joplin, Missouri -- Actor (10 Who Dare, I Am the Law, Amityville 3D).
- Wilhelmina Von Bremen: US 4X100 relay sprinter (1932 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Louis Astier: French aviator in the Second World War.
- Stuff Smith: American jazz musician, a violinist and singer.