Sunday 13 September 1908
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Madeleine Ozeray and Ray Burns Green.
Cuisine magnétique, directed by Chomont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while The Lure of the Mask by Harold MacGrath was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1908!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1908 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Madeleine Ozeray: Belgian/French stage and film actress.
- Ray Burns Green: Composer.
- Sicco Mansholt: Dutch politician, minister, agriculturist, important wwii illegal work during german occupation; worked on behalf of prison camp victims, married once, four children.
- Chu Berry: American saxophonist (d. 1941).
- Karolos Koun: Greek director and playwright (d. 1987).
- Mae Questel: American actress and singer (d. 1998).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I've Taken Quite a Fancy to You - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Cuddle Up a Little Closer, Lovey Mine - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?