Monday 14 March 1960
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George Horvath and Helen Hopkins in Donneybrook.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK Running Bear by Johnny Preston was in the top 5 hits.
The Cranes are Flying, directed by Mikhail Kalatozov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pony Express.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1960!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1960 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- George Horvath: in Sweden; pentathlete (Olympics-1980).
- Helen Hopkins in Donneybrook: Australia; golfer (Australian International 1983).
- Kirby Puckett: Baseball Player.
- Heidi Hammel: American astronomer and academic.
- 14 die in a train crash in Bakersfield, California
- Fourteen die in a train crash in Bakersfield, California, USA.
- Wilt Chamberlain (Philadelphia Warriors) sets NBA playoff record of 53 points.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Jack Scott - What In The World's Come Over You
- Dinah Washington - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Bobby Darin - Beyond The Sea
- Paul Anka - Puppy Love
- The Platters - Harbor Lights
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?